Bench designed for Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBApix ref no RIBA43429
Architect/DesignerMilne, Brian
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1970
Image Date1974
ViewExterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceD122 (Donat Drawer 4, Box 46)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Subject tags

Street furniture, new towns, metal