Bodleian Law Library, St Cross Building, University of Oxford: the main approach

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA50833
Architect/DesignerMartin, Sir Leslie (1908-2000)
Wilson, Sir Colin St John (1922-2007)
CountryUK: England
CityOxford
Subject Date1964
Image Date1964
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference33774/117
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built in 1959-1964, the St Cross Building is formed of a group of three interlocking cubes of different sizes. The largest cube is home to the Law Faculty and the Bodleian Law Library, the medium-sized houses the English Faculty Library, while the smallest in size originally housed the Economics and Statistics Library.

Subject tags

University buildings, entrances, libraries