Bodleian Law Library, St Cross Building, University of Oxford: the main entrance

RIBApix ref no RIBA50798
Architect/DesignerMartin, Sir Leslie (1908-2000)
Wilson, Sir Colin St John (1922-2007)
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityOxford
Subject Date1964
Image Date1964
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference33774/19 (JD 13-09-64 A/11)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built in 1959-1964, the St Cross Building is formed of a group of three interlocking cubes of different sizes. The largest cube is home to the Law Faculty and the Bodleian Law Library, the medium-sized houses the English Faculty Library, while the smallest in size originally housed the Economics and Statistics Library.

Subject tags

University buildings, entrances, stairs, libraries