Bristol Colonnade, Portmeirion, with Chantry in the background

RIBApix ref no RIBA11845
Architect/DesignerWilliams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryUK: Wales
CityPortmeirion
Image Date1959
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/WAL/259 (ES5856)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Colonnade was built at Arno's Court in Bristol in c. 1760 and rebuilt at Portmeirion in 1959. The Chantry, built at the highest point of the village, was completedt in 1937.

Subject tags

town planning, fantastic architecture, domestic architecture, colonnades, villages