Brunel Centre, Swindon, Wiltshire: the entrance from the plaza

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA110076
Architect/DesignerBuilding Design Partnership
Douglas Stephen & Partners
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CitySwindon
Subject Date1979
Image Date1980
ViewExterior
MediumNegative
Library ReferenceMC C 060980
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Brunel Centre was developed over nearly a decade (1970-1979). Stages 1-4 by Douglas Stephen & Partners were constructed from 1970-1976. In 1973 Douglas Stephen was joined by Building Design Partnership, who completed the project (stages 5-8) including the David Murray John Building, comprising 64 flats and maisonettes, and 3716 square metres of office space. See RIBA110105 for a colour version of this image.

Subject tags

shops, entrances, canopies, shopping centres