Burley-on-the-Hill, Rutland: one of the ancillary buildings overlooking the churchyard of the neighbouring Holy Cross Church

RIBApix ref no RIBA77331
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityBurley-on-the-Hill
Subject Date1710
Image Date1992
ViewExterior
StyleBaroque
MediumNegative
Library ReferenceJD 23-1-92 /2/8
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The house was begun in 1696 and not completed until after 1710. In 1908 a fire destroyed two thirds of the interior, which was subsequently restored by John Coleridge. In 1992 Kit Martin acquired the house and converted it into 23 houses.

Subject tags

cemeteries, country houses, restoration