Butleigh Court and St Leonard's Church, Butleigh, Somerset

RIBApix ref no RIBA13500
Architect/DesignerBuckler, Charles Alban (1825-1905)
Buckler, John Chessell (1793-1894)
CountryUK: England
CityButleigh
Subject Date1850
Image Date1850
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceLS 5800 N1399
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: St. Leonard's Church was built in the fourteenth century but was remodelled during the 1850s by John Chessell Buckler. Butleigh Court was designed (1845-1851) for the Very Rev. G. Neville Granville by John Chessell Buckler with Charles Alban Buckler. Described by Pevsner as "neo-Henry VIII", the house lay in ruins for many years until it was restored and converted into flats.

Subject tags

cemeteries, churches, country houses