Butleigh Court and St Leonard's Church, Butleigh, Somerset

RIBApix ref no RIBA13508
Architect/DesignerBuckler, Charles Alban (1825-1905)
Buckler, John Chessell (1793-1894)
CountryUK: England
CityButleigh
Subject Date1851
Image Date1855
ViewExterior
StyleMock Tudor
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceLS 5799
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Butleigh Court, designed (1845-1851) for the Very Rev. G. Neville Granville by John Chessell Buckler with Charles Alban Buckler, lay in ruins for many years until it was restored and converted into flats in 1975. St Leonard's Church was built in the fourteenth century but was remodelled during the 1850s by John Chessell Buckler.

Subject tags

Gardens, belfries, bell towers, churches, country houses, fountains