Camden Lock, Chalk Farm Road, Camden Town, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA47735
Architect/DesignerMorgan, James (c. 1773-1856)
Nash, John (1752-1835)
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1820
Image Date1979
ViewExterior
StyleGeorgian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 182 Camden Lock
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Constructed in 1818-1820 by James Morgan and engineered by John Nash, Camden Lock, or Hampstead Road Locks, is a twin-manually operated lock on the Regent's Canal. The wharves and warehouses flanking the canal were converted to craft markets in the 1970s.

Subject tags

brickwork, conversion of buildings, markets, boats, warehouses, canals