Casino di Pio IV (Villa Pia), Vatican Gardens, Rome

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA89721
Architect/DesignerLigorio, Pirro (1510-1583)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date1562
Image Date1987
ViewExterior
StyleMannerism
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceBenton 87-66-02
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of two garden buildings by Ligorio in the Vatican Gardens. Both are now the seat of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. This building was renovated by Pope Leo XII in the 19th century.

Subject tags

Gardens, garden buildings, villas, statues