Castelvecchio, Verona: the museum courtyard with fountain and stone fragments

RIBApix ref no RIBA114749
Architect/DesignerScarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
Artist/PhotographerOrsenigo, Fulvio
CountryItaly
CityVerona
Subject Date1964
Image Date2010
ViewExterior
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceOrsenigo 002_Castelvecchio 03
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Fulvio Orsenigo / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This fortress on the banks of the Adige was built by the Scaligers in 1354-1355 and the main tower was completed in 1375. The interior was converted into the Civico Museo d'Arte in 1964 by Carlo Scarpa.

Subject tags

museums, courtyards, fountains