Central Milton Keynes Shopping Centre, Buckinghamshire: entrance on Midsummer Boulevard, situated to the south of the shopping centre

RIBApix ref no RIBA109644
Architect/DesignerMilton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1979
Image Date1980
ViewExterior
MediumNegative
Library ReferenceMC C 030780
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Subject tags

entrances, canopies, new towns, shopping centres