Central Milton Keynes Shopping Centre, Buckinghamshire: part of the internal elevation of the southern arcade with a pub on the left and looking to the outside arcade and market on the right

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA109653
Architect/DesignerMilton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1979
Image Date1980
ViewInterior
MediumNegative
Library ReferenceMC N 030780
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Subject tags

glazing, new towns, shopping centres, inns, public houses