Certosa di San Martino, Naples: the floor and side chapels

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA93032
Architect/DesignerDosio, Giovanni Antonio (1533-ca.1609)
Fanzago, Cosimo (1591-1678)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
Subject Date1630
Image Date1970
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceBenton 88
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original church was built from 1325, and consecrated in 1368. It was transformed by Giovanni Antonio Dosio (1589-1609) and by Cosimo Fanzago (director of works 1623-1656), who was responsible for much of the marble paving seen here.

Subject tags

churches, arches, interior decoration, floors