Chapel of the Archangel Michael see from the Elizarov peasant house, Kizhi

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA55336
Artist/PhotographerMedd, David (1917-2009)
CountryRussia
CityKizhi
Subject Date1800
Image Date1991
ViewExterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceMedd slides 14124
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The chapel was moved to Kizhi in 1961 from the village of Lelikozero and dates from the late 18th-early 19th centuries. The late 19th century Elizarov house comes from the village of Seredka.

Subject tags

Chapels, houses, timber construction, farmhouses