Chapel of the Holy Cross, near San Giovanni in Laterano, Rome

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA28247
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date0001
Image Date1500
ViewPlan
StyleRoman
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceSC136/PALL/VIII/3v
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This drawing numbered VIII/3v in the Burlington-Devonshire Collection is by an undientfied 16th century draughtsman. It is a plan of a chapel that was built near the baptistry of San Giovanni in Laterano, Rome. The chapel appears to have been built in the second or third century and was converted into a shrine for a relic of the True Cross by Pope Hilarius (461-68). It was demolished in 1588.

Subject tags

Chapels, shrines