Church of San Francesca Romana (Santa Maria Nuova), via dei Fori Imperali, Rome

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA89924
Architect/DesignerLambardi, Carlo (1559-1620)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date1615
Image Date1987
ViewExterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceBenton 87-115-22
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The church was founded in the 9th century, its apse partly built into the ruins of Hadrian's Temple of Venus and Rome to the east. The campanile was built in the 12th century when the church was enlarged. The late Renaissance facade dates from 1615 by Carlo Lambardi.

Subject tags

churches, clock towers, pediments