Church of Santi Martina e Luca, Foro Romano, Rome

RIBApix ref no RIBA40256
Architect/DesignerBerrettini da Cortona, Pietro (1596-1669)
Artist/PhotographerBissell, Gerhard
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date1650
Image Date2007
ViewExterior
StyleBaroque
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Gerhard Bissell / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The church, now standing on a terrace overlooking the excavated Roman Forum, was founded in the 7th century and rebuilt in 1635-1650 by Pietro da Cortona.

Subject tags

churches, domes, ruins, archaeological sites