Church of Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza, Rome: the main facade flanked by the wings of the Palazzo della Sapienza

RIBApix ref no RIBA40260
Architect/DesignerBorromini, Francesco (1599-1667)
Artist/PhotographerBissell, Gerhard
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date1660
Image Date2007
ViewExterior
StyleBaroque
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Gerhard Bissell / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Palazzo della Sapienza (House of Knowledge) was completed by Giacomo della Porta c.1587. The Roman Baroque church, built as the university church, was added by Francesco Borromini in 1642-1660.

Subject tags

belfries, bell towers, churches, courtyards