Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Katharine and All Saints, Edington, Wiltshire: the nave looking towards the altar with the monument to Sir Edward Leys to the right.

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA100201
Artist/PhotographerIngle, Richard (1927-2010)
CountryUK: England
CityEdington
Subject Date1361
Image Date1997
ViewInterior
StyleGothic
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceIngle 97-101A
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Richard Ingle / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This cruciform church was built in Early English style in 1352-1361 by William of Edington. It was restored by Charles Edwin Ponting from 1887-1892. The monument to Sir Edward Lewys is c. 1630.

Subject tags

tombs, churches, monuments, church fittings