Church Square, Pretoria, before the building of the Reserve Bank: the west side

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA60104
Architect/DesignerBaker, Sir Herbert (1862-1946)
Fleming, Frank Leonard Hodgson (1875-1950)
Scott, Alexander Thomson (1887-1962)
Wierda, Sytze Wopkes (1839-1911)
Artist/PhotographerYates, Alan
CountrySouth Africa
CityPretoria
Subject Date1921
Image Date1921
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference20232/2
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Raadsaal (S. Wierda, 1892) is seen on the extreme left and the Palace of Justice (S. Wierda, 1900) on the right. The Reserve Bank, Pretoria, was designed (1927-1931) by Sir Herbert Baker and A. T. Scott with F. L. H. Fleming for a site on the north side of Church Square (Kerkplein).

Subject tags

government buildings, parliament buildings, squares, law courts