Skip to navigation Skip to content

Clock tower on the eastern walls, Sighisoara, Transylvania

RIBApix ref no RIBA48454
Artist/PhotographerCantacuzino, Sherban (1928-)
CountryRomania
CitySighisoara
Subject Date1360
Image Date1980
ViewExterior
StyleGothic
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP495/148
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built with machiolations high on the citadel, the clock tower was the seat of the town council until 1556. It is now a small history and science museum.

Subject tags

houses, spires, museums, conversion of buildings, fortifications, clock towers