Conference Pavilion, Wavendon Tower, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA43449
Architect/DesignerMilton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1972
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
StyleHigh-Tech
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceJDSC3777
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This building has been demolished.

Subject tags

glazing, reflections, conference centres, new towns