Conversion of West Grove, Hammers Lane, Mill Hill, London: metal folding window to the living room

RIBApix ref no RIBA17026
Architect/DesignerTecton
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1937
Image Date1937
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP30/164
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This Georgian house was built in 1786 for William Mark Trinder, a clergyman. Tecton were commissioned by a member of Lloyds to enlarge this house which had suffered from 19th century alterations and additions. The main feature of the new alterations, carried out in 1936-1937, was the introduction of a reinforced concrete canopy set into the garden front which helped to redistribute the weight more evenly over the foundations.

Subject tags

concrete, houses, canopies, glass bricks