Corn Exchange, Brunswick Street, Liverpool: perspective of the projected rebuilt building

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA85217
Architect/DesignerPicton, Sir James Allanson (1805-1889)
CountryUK: England
CityLiverpool
Subject Date1851
Image Date1845
ViewExterior
MediumPrint
Library ReferenceSC193/65
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The first Corn Exchange on this site was opened in 1808 (designed by John Foster Snr). A building by Picton replaced it in 1851. This print must have been produced before the building was completed as the inscription in the entablature has an incomplete date after 'rebuilt and enlarged'. Just visible at the end of Brunswick Street is Cockerell's Bank of England building.

Subject tags

exchanges