Corn Exchange, now Sudbury Public Library, Sudbury, Suffolk

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA62956
Architect/DesignerDigby, Jack Leonard Stanford
Kendall, Henry Edward (1776-1875)
Artist/PhotographerBaistow, Peter
CountryUK: England
CitySudbury
Subject Date1969
Image Date1970
ViewInterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP/MP7/147
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 7: Local Government' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, 1970 July. The Corn Exchange was opened in 1841 (architect H. E. Kendall snr) and converted into a public library in 1969 (architect J. L. S. Digby).

Subject tags

libraries, conversion of buildings, columns, exchanges