Corner of Princes Street Gardens between Princes Street and the Mound, Edinburgh

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA47461
Architect/DesignerBurn, William (1789-1870)
Steell, John Robert (1804-1891)
Artist/PhotographerSnoek, Henk (1915-1980)
CountryUK: Scotland
CityEdinburgh
Subject Date1966
Image Date1966
ViewTopographical
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 170 (Edinburgh 4) (S66 2469)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Allan Ramsay Monument, on the left of the image, was designed by John Steell in 1865. The building on Princes Street is the New Club by William Burn, designed in1834 and replaced by Reiach Hall & Partners's new building for the Club in 1966-1970. The Life Association building to its right, dating from 1855, was also demolished in 1967.

Subject tags

Gardens, clubs, statues