Coronet (formerly the Odeon) cinema, Parsons Hill, Woolwich, London

RIBApix ref no RIBA93776
Architect/DesignerColes, George (1884-1963)
Artist/PhotographerCrone, Trevor
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1937
Image Date2000
ViewExterior
StyleArt Deco
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Trevor Crone / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Opened in 1937, this cinema was modernized internally in 1964. It closed in 1981 and was designated Grade II listed status. Taken over by Panton Films, it reopened in 1983 as the Coronet. It closed in 1999 and reopened in 2001 as a New Wine Church.

Subject tags

cinemas, lettering, canopies, tiles