Council Offices, Library and Museum, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough: the main entrance

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA115726
Architect/DesignerPick Everard Keay & Gimson
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CityMarket Harborough
Subject Date1981
Image Date1982
Library ReferenceMC B 030382
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Council Offices, Library and Museum was created out of the former Symington corset factory. Originally built in 1889 by Everard & Pick, it is distinguished by by its tall gables with arched windows and a tower. It was extended in 1894 and 1926 by the same architects and converted to its present use by Pick, Everard, Keay & Gimson in 1981.

Subject tags

factories, churches, entrances, museums, canopies, libraries, conversion of buildings, town halls