Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel (now Huntingdon Hall), Deansway, Worcester: one of the two cast iron eagle lecterns flanking the pulpit

RIBApix ref no RIBA6757
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityWorcester
Subject Date1871
Image Date1959
ViewInterior
StyleVictorian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/CHU/358 (ES5419)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Selina, Countess of Huntingdon was the Founder of the Calvinistic / Methodist group known as the Countess of Huntingdon Connexion for which this chapel was built in 1804 (replacing a smaller chapel of 1771-1773), and enlarged in 1815. The chapel closed as a place of worship in 1976 and quickly fell into disrepair. It was rescued and converted into a concert venue by the Buttress Fuller Partnership in 1980-1987.

Subject tags

churches, stairs, cast iron, Animals, church fittings