County Hall Extension, West Bridgeford, Nottingham: the offices of the riverside block with the older Harris building in the background

RIBApix ref no RIBA78488
Architect/DesignerHarris, Emanuel Vincent (1876-1971)
Lacey, W. Dan (1923-1985)
Swain, Henry (1924-2002)
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
CityNottingham
Subject Date1963
Image Date1966
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP315/249
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The County Hall was originally designed by E. V. Harris in 1935-1938 and first occupied as an unfinished brick shell in 1947. The extension designed by W. Dan Lacey (the County Architect) and Henry Swain, who succeeded him, was built using the CLASP (Consortium of Local Authorities Special Programme) method of construction.

Subject tags

riverside buildings, town halls, car parks