County Hall, South Bank, Lambeth, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA135135
Architect/DesignerKnott, Ralph (1878-1929)
Artist/PhotographerDavis, Bill
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1922
Image Date1985
ViewExterior
ViewWorm's-eye
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceDavis County Hall
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Bill Davis / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: County Hall, designed by Ralph Knott in 1911 and completed in 1922, was the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965. It remained the seat of local government until the GLC was abolished in 1986.

Subject tags

government buildings, civic centres