Curzon Mayfair cinema, Curzon Street, Mayfair, London: the women's lavatory

RIBApix ref no RIBA42776
Architect/DesignerSir John Burnet Tait & Partners
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1966
Image Date1966
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP452/20
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original Curzon cinema opened in 1934 and was a low-rise brick design by Frank Lorne of Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne. It closed in 1963, was demolished in 1964 and replaced by this office block development with the cinema in the basement by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners.

Subject tags

cinemas, marble, public conveniences, mirrors