Derby House, Stratford Place off Oxford Street, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA49647
Architect/DesignerEdwin, Richard ( - 1778)
Artist/PhotographerMillar & Harris
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1776
Image Date1940
ViewExterior
StyleGeorgian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 803 (Millar & Harris 8537 A)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built in 1770-1776 for Edward Stratford, later the Second Earl of Aldborough, this mansion has also been known as Derby House and Hutchinson House. It has been home to the Oriental Club since 1962.

Subject tags

entrances, columns, clubs, town houses, pediments