Design for Bush House, Aldwych, London: details of the box gutter over the pediment at the main entrance

RIBApix ref no RIBA81182
Architect/DesignerCorbett, Harvey Wiley (1873-1954)
Helmle & Corbett
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1925
Image Date1922
ViewExterior
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceT530, Outstore (B.H.1471)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Bush House was designed by Harvey Corbett and opened in 1925 with further wings added between 1928 and 1935. This building was actually commissioned and owned by American individuals and companies for an Anglo-American trading organisation headed by Irving T. Bush, after whom it is named. The BBC moved in in 1941 after Broadcasting House was bombed and left the building in 2012.

Subject tags

office buildings, radio & television studios, pediments