Design for the river front of St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London

RIBApix ref no RIBA3086
Architect/DesignerGoodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
Artist/PhotographerGoodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1932
Image Date1925
ViewExterior
StyleArt Deco
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceRAN 11/B/11 (17)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Subject tags

office buildings, riverside buildings