Designs for an office block (block D), the Odeon Cinema (block F) and Elephant and Castle Public House (block E), Trocadero Site, Elephant and Castle, Southwark, London: sections, block E

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA98893
Architect/DesignerGoldfinger, Erno (1902-1987)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1966
Image Date1963
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumDrawing
Library ReferencePB651/2(49)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Trocadero Site forms phase II of Goldfinger's designs for Elephant and Castle site II. The name refers to the 1930s Trocadero Cinema that previously occupied the site. The development consists of an office block (block D) attached to Alexander Fleming House via a link (project L), Elephant and Castle Public House with offices above (block E) and the Odeon Cinema (block F). Construction began in 1963.

Subject tags

office buildings, town planning, cinemas, inns, public houses