Designs for Cally House (now the Cally Palace Hotel), Gatehouse of Fleet, Dumfries & Galloway, for Alexander Murray: details of iron girders

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA84532
Architect/DesignerPapworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
CountryUK: Scotland
CityGatehouse of Fleet
Subject Date1837
Image Date1834
StyleClassical Revival
Library ReferencePB1337/PAP[260](45)
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The house was built in 1765 for James Murray of Broughton to designs by Robert Mylne, with flanking wings added in 1795 by Thomas Boyd. In the 1830s Alexander Murray commissioned Papworth to design exterior alterations and remodel the interior.

Subject tags

country houses, iron