Designs for the addition of a conservatory attached to Claremont House, near Esher, Surrey: elevation of the side of the house showing the addition of a conservatory

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA83161
Architect/DesignerBrown, Lancelot, 'Capability' (1716-1783)
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
CountryUK: England
CityEsher
Subject Date1811
Image Date1811
ViewExterior
MediumDrawing
Library ReferencePB1327/PAP[199](4)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Claremont estate was bought by the nation for Princess Charlotte and Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg on their wedding in 1816. Following Princess Charlotte's death in 1817 it remained Prince Leopold's home until he became King of the Belgians in 1831. The house had been rebuilt for Clive of India by Capability Brown and Henry Holland (1772).

Subject tags

country houses, glasshouses