Designs for the Anglican Chapel, Nunhead Cemetery, Peckham, London: details of the iron girders and arches over the crypt

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA85849
Architect/DesignerLittle, Thomas (1802-1859)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1844
Image Date1844
ViewInterior
StyleGothic Revival
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceVOL/63 Drawing No. 38
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Nunhead Cemetery (originally known as All Saint's Cemetery) was opened in 1840 and laid out to designs by James Bunstone Bunning, who also designed the gates and lodges. Thomas Little won the competition for the Anglican and Dissenters' Chapels, both of which were badly damaged in World War II - the Dissenters' Chapel irreparably damaged and later demolished, the Anglican Chapel now a stabilized ruin.

Subject tags

Chapels, cemeteries, iron