Designs for Westminster College, Harcourt Hill, Oxford: design for stone commemorating the transfer of the College from London to Oxford

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA126011
Architect/DesignerSeely & Paget
Artist/PhotographerSeely, Henry John Alexander, Lord Mottistone (1899-1963)
CountryUK: England
CityOxford
Subject Date1959
Image Date1957
ViewExterior
MediumDrawing
Library ReferencePA137/10(7)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Westminster College was a Methodist higher education college specialising in teacher training and theology founded in London in 1851 which moved to a site in Oxford in 1959. The College closed in the year 2000 but Oxford Brookes University took over the buildings which became its Harcourt Hill campus. The College buildings were officially opened on 21st May 1960 by the Minister of Education, the Rt. Hon. Sir David Eccles.

Subject tags

lettering, colleges