Duomo, Campo dei Miracoli, Pisa: the pulpit

RIBApix ref no RIBA61023
Architect/DesignerBuscheto
Pisano, Giovanni (c. 1250-c. 1315)
Rainaldo
CountryItaly
CityPisa
Subject Date1311
Image Date1880
ViewInterior
StyleRomanesque
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference41688/4
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Construction on this cathedral, the largest Romanesque church in Italy, was begun in 1063 under the direction of Buscheto and continued by Rainaldo, being completed by 1118. The ornately carved pulpit was executed by Giovanni Pisano in 1302-1311.

Subject tags

cathedrals, marble, columns, decorative stonework, arcades, church fittings