Extension to the Austrian Embassy, Belgrave Square, London: detail of a modern fireplace with antique clock above

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA78590
Architect/DesignerBasevi, George (1794-1845)
Marmorek, Walter (1909-2009)
Artist/PhotographerRead, E. R. H.
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1950
Image Date1950
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP316/202
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original building in Belgrave Square, was by George Basevi built between 1826-1837. It was badly damaged during the Second World War and rebuilt and extended by Walter Marmorek in the mid 1950s.

Subject tags

fireplaces, restoration, clocks, embassies, consular buildings