Factory and offices for British Holophane Company, Bond Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes: a fork lift truck operating in an aisle of the storage stacks

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA62523
Architect/DesignerGollins Melvin Ward & Partners
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1967
Image Date1968
ViewInterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP/MP3/68
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov. Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Subject tags

factories, warehouses, machinery