Finlayson Factory complex overlooking the Tammerkoski River, Tampere

RIBApix ref no RIBA108354
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
CountryFinland
CityTampere
Subject Date1990
Image Date1990
ViewTopographical
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceBenton 90-03-11-20
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Finlayson Factory was founded in 1820 by a Scottish industrialist James Finlayson. The oldest buildings on the site dates from 1838, but the factory has been extended several times up until the 1960s. Manufacturing (largely textiles) ceased in the early 1990s and it is now a museum, cinema and shopping complex.

Subject tags

riverside buildings, mills, textile factories