Former church of Santa Marta, Porta Marta, Venice: the lift access on the upper rake of the seating

RIBApix ref no RIBA40476
Architect/DesignerDe Feo, Vittorio (1928-2002)
Artist/PhotographerORCH Orsenigo-Chemollo
CountryItaly
CityVenice
Subject Date2004
Image Date2004
ViewInterior
MediumDigital image
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit ORCH Orsenigo / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This 14th century church, located on the western-most boundary of Venice, was deconsecrated in 1811, later used as a warehouse and progressively fell into disrepair. Its restoration by Vittorio De Feo was part of a pilot project by the Municipality of Venice and the Port Authority for upgrading Venice's port waterfront. The interior, fitted with a metal structure clad with pear wood panels, now serves as a conference and exhibition venue, which includes a projection room, shops and a cafeteria.

Subject tags

brickwork, churches, restoration, cultural centres, conversion of buildings, wood, lifts, auditoria