Former Museum of Science and Industry, Newell Street, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham: the rear of the building canalside

RIBApix ref no RIBA42585
Artist/PhotographerLewis & Randall Ltd
CountryUK: England
CityBirmingham
Subject Date1850
Image Date1990
ViewExterior
StyleVictorian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP601/15
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built as the Elkington Silver Electroplating Works from c.1850, this building became home to the science museum of Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery in 1951. It closed in 1997 and the majority of the exhibits were moved to the Think Tank at Milennium Point which opened in 2001.

Subject tags

factories, brickwork, museums, conversion of buildings, canals