Gaumont Cinema, 26 Westover Road, Bournemouth, Dorset: Screen 2 auditorium seen from rear right

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA34529
Architect/DesignerDavid Dry K. Halasz & Associates
Artist/PhotographerSnoek, Henk (1915-1980)
CountryUK: England
CityBournemouth
Subject Date1969
Image Date1969
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumTransparency
Library ReferenceHSCT 289
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Originally built as the Regent Theatre in 1929 by W. E. Trent, assisted by Seal & Hardy, this cinema was renamed the Gaumont in 1949. It underwent refubishment and modernization from 1968 to 1969 and became known as the Odeon in the 1986.

Subject tags

cinemas, seating, draperies, curtains