German Pavilion, Barcelona: courtyard with sculpture 'Alba' by Georg Kolbe

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA4832
Architect/DesignerKolbe, Georg (1877-1947)
Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig (1886-1969)
Artist/PhotographerHalbe, Roland (1963-)
CountrySpain
CityBarcelona
Subject Date1929
Image Date1999
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumDigital image
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Roland Halbe / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The German Pavilion was originally built for the International Exhibition 1929. It was rebuilt in 1986.

Subject tags

glass, steel, water features, marble, stone, exhibition buildings, bronze, statues, Feature: The Two Faces of Modernism, 1920s Modern Movement Architecture Gallery