Guildhall, Victoria Park, Swansea: one of the committee rooms

RIBApix ref no RIBA73821
Architect/DesignerThomas, Sir Percy Edward (1883-1969)
Artist/PhotographerBale, Edward Stewart (1889-1944)
CountryUK: Wales
CitySwansea
Subject Date1934
Image Date1934
ViewInterior
StyleClassical Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP64/25 (Bale 11401-17)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Guildhall was, prior to local government re-organisation in 1996, the headquarters for the former Swansea City Council. The Guildhall complex comprises the City Hall, Brangwyn concert hall and the County Law Courts for Swansea. The Swansea Crown Court is now located in a building immediately opposite the Guildhall.

Subject tags

law courts, guildhalls, panelling